5.20.2009


45* 44.044' N by 122* 51.695' W


RADAR STILL SHOWING ISOLATED LIGHT SHOWERS OVER SW WA AND EXTREME NW OREGON COAST RANGE THIS MORNING. AS THE UPPER TROUGH SHIFTS E AND LOW LEVEL FLOW BECOMES MORE NORTHERLY...SHOULD SEE SHOWERS END BY LATE IN THE MORNING...AND MOST OF THE LOW LEVEL CLOUDS OVER THE REGION DISSIPATING. NORTHERLY LOW LEVEL FLOW TONIGHT WILL AID IN DRYING THE AIR MASS. A WEAK SHORT WAVE MOVING ACROSS WA THU NIGHT AND FRI WILL TURN FLOW BACK ONSHORE...ALLOWING MARINE CLOUDS TO PUSH BACK INLAND BY FRI MORNING. TEMPS WILL SEE A STEADY WARMUP TODAY AND THU IN RESPONSE TO RISING UPPER HEIGHTS...THEN A TOUCH COOLER FRI WITH THE EXPECTED MARINE PUSH.


Once I was a student with books and sword;

I have lived under two enlightened sovereigns.

I was an official in the east, but they gave me no prizes;

I fought in the west but won no medals.

I studied the arts of peace and the arts of war,

The arts of war and the arts of peace.

Now I'm an old man.

What's left of my life isn't worth mentioning.


Han-shan

Cold Mountain Poems

No comments: