12.22.2009




Gold Finch   Pete Mosca   pencil on paper

Did I say (again and again) that my writing originated in an insecurity about the nature and actuality of my existence?  I expected, having written and so being able to have my writing (a trace of my actual existence in whatever aspects could obtain in that) read (by others, or by myself at another time), to be able to identify who or what or how I am by the comparison writing might afford to such an other.  Comparison:  not with an objective "standard," but as though the writing were a shadow left deliberately behind, and that could then be compared to another shadow (the reader's, cast down next to it, or across it, on the page.  Steve Benson  Beneath a Single Moon

SYNOPSIS FOR WASHINGTON AND OREGON WATERS...HIGH PRES WILL BUILD ACROSS THE WATERS TODAY THEN REMAIN ACROSS THE WATERS THROUGH THU WHILE BECOMING WEAKER WED NIGHT INTO THU. SEVERAL FRONTS WILL APPROACH FROM THE W AND NW WED AND THU. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE INTO WATERS FRI AND WEAKEN...THEN DISSIPATE BY SAT.  CAPE FLATTERY TO CAPE LOOKOUT 830 AM PST TUE DEC 22 2009 .TODAY...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DIMINISHING TO N 5 TO 10 KT LATE. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT SUBSIDING TO 8 TO 12 FT. .TONIGHT...VARIABLE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...EXCEPT W PORTION BECOMING S TO SW 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS SUBSIDING TO 7 TO 10 FT.

TATOOSH POSITION 45* 44.044' N by 122* 51.695' W

Mist over clearcut.
Big cabernet.